Undergraduate Completion Requirements Policy
UOF offers undergraduate programs with a balance of breath and depth requirements. The program includes a general education component covering a range of core areas that provides general knowledge to all students, and an in-depth study component in a major field. English is the medium of instruction, except for Arabic related courses, and requires its student a university level proficiency in spoken and written English.
The University uses the credit unit system. Each unit is equivalent to one-hour of lecture per week for each of the semester. The academic year has two semesters of 16 weeks each, and each of which includes 15 weeks of instruction and one week of final examinations.
A. University Learning Outcomes
Graduates in the undergraduate academic programs will be able to:
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing commensurate with a two-year or a four-year degree level of education.
- Evaluate information, ideas and their sources for relevance and usability in a specific situation.
- Use tools in the access, location, organization and communication of information in the appropriate discipline.
- Show an understanding of a shared cultural heritage, the contemporary world and its problems.
- Contribute towards the joint completion of capstone projects.
B. Completion Requirements Policy
Undergraduate students must successfully complete all course requirements, as well as other academic activities assigned to their specialized study plan. The CGPA of each undergraduate student must be at least 2.0 out of 4.0.
The following are the minimum requirements for graduation:
- Successfully completing all courses of the study plan
- Achieving a cumulative GPA of 2:00 and above.
- Spending the minimum period of study required for awarding the degree and not exceeding the maximum period.
- In addition to the above-mentioned graduation requirements student must fulfill any other requirements needed by his/her program of study.
The following are the undergraduate completion requirement for undergraduate programs at FU:
|College||Program||Completion requirements (number of credit hours)|
|College of Business Administration||Bachelor of Business Administration: General||126|
|Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resource Management||126|
|Bachelor of Business Administration in Banking and Finance||126|
|Associate of Arts in Business Administration||63|
|College of Information Technology||Bachelor of Information Technology in Internet and E-Commerce||126|
|Bachelor of Information Technology in Network and Security||126|
|Associate of Arts in Information Technology||63|
College of Mass Communication and Public Relations
|Bachelor of Mass Communications and Public Relations in Journalism||126|
|Bachelor of Mass Communications and Public Relations in Digital Media||126|
|Bachelor of Mass Communications and Public Relations in Public Relations||126|
|Bachelor of Mass Communications and Public Relations in Advertising||126|
|Diploma in Public Relations||66|
|College of Arts, Social Studies and Humanities||Bachelor of Arabic Language and Literature||126|