Application posted date: 26 Sep 2021
Application expired date: 16 Oct 2021
Director of Fujairah Digital Library
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead the administrative and academic affairs of the Fujairah Digital Library FDL and establish and execute a tactical roadmap to achieve academic and administrative excellence.
- Spearhead the review, development, implementation, and evaluation of policies, processes, the long and short term strategic action plans related to FDL, that include:
- Annual Operational Plan of FDL.
- Annual Innovation Works and their dissemination of outputs.
- Annual Plan for FDL services provided to academics, community, and public and private sectors.
- Annual Professional Development Plan for staff members of FDL.
- Annual Marketing and Promotional Plans for the FDL functions and programs.
- Proposed Requisition of digital content, textbooks, and references.
- Directs the development and maintenance of FDL collection of digital content, books, periodicals, records, films, tapes and a variety of other library materials.
- Prepares the annual budget of FDL.
- Provides reference and reader’s advisory services on a regular schedule to FDL clients.
Requirements and Experience:
- A Minimum Master degree holder from a reputable academic institution.
- Specialized in Library science, or Management Information Systems, or computer science, or computer engineering, or IT, or digital publication, or related degree.
- At least 10 years of mixed professional experience in library and digital systems.
- At least 6 years of solid leadership capacity experience in a reputable academic institution or multi-national academic organization.
- Below sixty years old.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Excellent in Strategic Leadership in Library systems and digital content administration.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of digital library functions.
- Thorough digital content knowledge, digital publication, skills and ability in every phase of the library systems field.
- Excellent command in English Communication
- Excellent in Technical Writing, Communication, Project Management, Total Quality Management, Customer Service, and Negotiation skills.
- Excellent in producing quality documents.
- Advanced competency in managing diverse staff members.
- Team player with a positive outlook and clear focus on quality assurance and customer satisfaction.