MBA – Master Of Business Administration
“The FU-MBA Program aspires to provide and develop advanced knowledge; skills and relevant learning experiences, through applied research, for middle-level and upper-level executives, working professionals, as well as entrepreneurs to develop appropriate high-level managerial competencies in order for them to assume more meaningful roles in their respective organizations, business disciplines or professions and to deliver significant contributions to the society in general”.
|Final Award and Title||Master of Business Administration|
|Professional Qualifications||Refer back to pp.3-4|
|Program accredited by||CAA|
|Teaching Institution||University of Fujairah|
|Modes of Study||Full Time|
|Program Length||36 credit hours|
The following are the main features of FU-MBA program:
- To fully comply with the QF-Emirates and international best practices for MBA , the research component of the program is addressed by:
- Incorporating a separate course on business research methods (i.e. MBA602 Business Research Methods) into the list of core courses of the program. This course aims at providing students with the necessary research methods, techniques and tools necessary for conducting in-depth research papers and assignments of major business problems covered by other courses that address the main functional areas of business (i.e. marketing, finance, operations, business information technology, global business, human resource management and planning).
- Designing an assessment regime that is based on a limited number of in-depth written assignments (i.e. research papers) and apply this methodology for all courses of the program.
- The main objective of the program is to develop students into leaders ready to tackle the challenges of today’s global business environment and strengthen their managerial competencies through the provision of learning experiences emphasizing critical and analytical decision-making and strategic approaches to organizational problem solving alongside inculcating ethical leadership and effective teamwork.
- The learning outcomes of the program have been specified in such a way they reflect the ability of students to:
- Have and effectively use highly specialized knowledge of business functional areas;
- Use research methods and techniques, synthesis and critique to effectively analyze problems and develop solutions;
- understand the integrative nature of business;
- function effectively within a team, either as a team member or a leader who thinks globally; and
- Communicate effectively.
The educational goals of the MBA program must are consistent with the university’s strategic goals as follows:-
UoF’s strategic goals:
- Maximize the use of technology
- Extend education excellence of both undergraduate and graduate programs
- Enhance community engagement
- Foster interactive and successful research community
- Enhance campus Culture for service excellence
MBA Educational Goals
- Enable students to integrate and critically appraise knowledge, theories, models and practices across the disciplines.
- Develop and enhance effective decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Develop students’ ability to manage organizational circumstances with a global perspective.
- Enhance students’ awareness and understanding of the social, ethical and legal responsibilities of the organization.
- Develop effective-leadership skills, collaboration skills and interpersonal skills.
- Help students demonstrate effective oral and written communication, as well as presentation
- Develop students’ competent understanding of the role of information technologies in the