Application posted date: 4 Oct 2021
Application expired date: 18 Oct 2021
Ass. Manager - Library Specialist
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Contribute to develop the vision and the development of strategic principles, organizational goals and strategic plans to ensure the achievement of the university's overall organizational goals.
- Follow-up and supervision of the application of the internal methodologies prepared to follow up the progress of work, implement the main operations, and raise the feedback to the university chancellor.
- Participate in organizing and distributing work, directing subordinates, coordinating and following up the implementation of all daily work in the library.
- Planning library programs, events and activities that the library supervises to organize.
- Determining the knowledge needs of the university community, expanding and developing the contents of the library from digital containers to include the largest possible amount of knowledge.
- Determining the academic colleges' needs of books and securing them.
- Developing the different databases needed by the library.
- Develop procedures for the work of the library and the necessary plans to implement them.
- Performing any other duties assigned to him by his direct manager that do not conflict with the nature of his work.
Requirements and Experience:
- A Minimum Bachelor's degree in Library and Information Science
- Minimum 8 years experience in Library Information Systems and library administration literacies, learning resources and digital systems
- Below sixty years old.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Familiarity with all policies, procedures, and regulations related to the field of work
- Excellent in Technical Writing, Communication, Customer Service and Negotiation skills.
- Excellent command in English Communication
- Experience in Technical Writing, Communication, Instruction, Curriculum Development, Accreditation, Research and Publication Skills, Customer Service, and Teambuilding and interpersonal relations Skills.
- Excellent in producing quality documents.
- Team player with a positive outlook and clear focus on quality assurance and customer satisfaction.