Application posted date: 19 May 2023
Application expired date:
Department of Nursing
Assistant / Associate Professor in Medical Surgical Nursing
Responsibilities and Duties:
Support the Mission of the Function through:
Under the supervision of the Chair of Department delivers lectures and participates in all intervention programs of the department in its tactical, strategic, and operational management. Together with the Chair of Department, administers, assess, and develop department’s programs; delivers complementary quality academic support services in terms of instruction, research, publication, community engagement, student advising, institutional research, and accreditation toward achieving the mission, program outcome, and strategic objectives of the college or program. Together with the college or program team, implements intervention programs in the design, execution, evaluation, and enhancement of curricular programs, marketing campaign and promotions of programs, their continuous process improvement (CPI), and other elements of academic affairs that strengthen UOF’s visibility and reputation in the United Arab Emirates and the Middle East region. Ensures timely and cost-effective delivery of academic programs by observing CAA STANDARDS 2019 and UAE-NQF critical to the overall performance of the department.
I. Instruction Responsibilities
- Deliver, monitor, evaluate, and enhance assigned courses in terms of:
- Ensuring that syllabi are properly designed and updated.
- Teaching and learning approaches and measuring instruments are appropriately established.
- Course learning outcomes are aligned with the program learning outcomes integrating the QFEmirates for Higher Education 2019 and Bloom’s Taxonomy.
- Applying appropriate teaching skills and deliver instructional materials clearly in the theory, laboratory and clinical sessions —easy to understand both oral and visual presentations.
- Stimulating student’s interest in the subject matter and involves everyone in-class discussion with clear direction and purpose.
- Giving clear instructions for assignments, lecture activities, and exams; and actively helpful when students need assistance, inside and outside the classroom.
- Evaluating student’s work constructively and conscientiously, give appropriate feedback to assess learning, and keep students informed of their academic progress.
- Relating effectively to students by treating them fairly and with respect.
- Provide consultation services for students for the particular course presented.
- Closely monitor and guide students-advisees to ensure that they are adequately assessed and properly guided toward successful academic careers at UOF.
- Supervise students who are enrolled in the internship program, thesis, integrated paper, and other related capstone; and, ensure that they receive technical guidance by providing concepts, theories and models academically operationalized them appropriate to the particular research work to come up with a Standard academic paper.
- Write course reports on or before the end of the semester, and ensure that course files are properly documented with appropriate evidence and submit at the end of the semester.
II. Research, Publication, Scholarly Activities, Innovation Works and Dissemination Responsibilities
- Demonstrate evidence of significant intellectual contributions to basic and applied research and/or instructional development by publishing per academic year at least one (1) allied or interdisciplinary research in a SCOPUS and other refereed journal with impact factor; secondary to conference proceedings, chapters published in textbooks, and other publications.
- Disseminate at least one (1) research output and related scholarly and innovation works in the UOF’s Research Colloquium and the national and international conferences.
III. Community Engagement Responsibilities
- Represent UOF in various community engagement activities to advance community relationships as assigned.
- Design and deliver at least one (1) per academic year community engagement activities such as coaching, tutorial, and training programs in the area of specialization.
IV. Quality Assurance and Program Effectiveness (QA-PE) related responsibilities
- Actively collaborate in program accreditation activities to enhance program effectiveness through curriculum monitoring and evaluation strategies, monitoring and evaluation of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Assist with the formulation of the self-study report for program accreditation as assigned.
Requirements and Experience:
- D. in any related field or its equivalent with a nursing focus.
- MSc Nursing with medical-surgical nursing specialization.
- Professional Experience (Business/Industry):
- Three to five (3-5) years related work experience in any academic institution or multi-national academic and training organization dealing with academic and training services, preferably in a mixed environment.
- Simulation Laboratory experience with high- and medium fidelity manikins.
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse / Professional Nurse in a Hospital Environment.
- Processes Experience (Project/Process):
- Three to five (3-5) years of mix experience in curriculum development, accreditation, institutional research, community outreach, student advising, thesis/project advising.
- Experience in test construction and assessment of learning.
- Intercultural Experience (Cultural):
- Multi-cultural diversity
This form is currently closed for submissions.