Application posted date: 25 Oct 2021
Application expired date:
College of Communication
Assistant Professor in Communication (Public Relations)
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Required to work for 40 hours per week spread over five working days as per academic
calendar and carry responsibilities in instruction, research and publication, participation in
governance particularly in Committee on Program Effectiveness, community engagement,
student advising, and administrative tasks.
- Teach 12 credit courses at the undergraduate program every semester.
- Deliver, monitor, evaluate, and enhance assigned courses
- Allocate a minimum of one (1) hour a week for each course (e.g. 4 courses = 4 hours) to
provide consultation services for students for that particular course.
- Supervise students who are enrolled in the internship program and capstone project; and, ensure that they receive technical guidance by providing concepts, and theories and models.
- Write course files and reports on or before the end of the semester, and ensure that course files are
properly documented with appropriate evidence and submitted at the end of the semester.
Requirements and Experience:
- A Minimum Ph.D. in Communication – Public Relations, or related field, with attested assistant professor rank.
- Minimum 4 years related work experience in a reputable academic institution.
- Experience in higher education teaching, curriculum development, accreditation process, institutional research, community outreach, student advising, and project supervision.
- Experience in test construction and assessment of learning.
- Below sixty years old.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Excellent in educational supervision and leadership
- Excellent in Legal, Social and Ethical Philosophical Foundations of Higher Education.
- Excellent in Curriculum Development, Assessment of Learning, Research and Evaluation.
- Excellent in Technical Writing, Communication, Customer Service and Negotiation skills.
- Excellent command in English Communication
- Experience in Technical Writing, Communication, Instruction, Curriculum Development, Accreditation, Research and Publication Skills, Customer Service, and Teambuilding and interpersonal relations Skills.
- Excellent in producing quality documents.
- Team player with a positive outlook and clear focus on quality assurance and customer satisfaction.