Application posted date: 29 Sep 2021
Application expired date: 28 Oct 2021
College of Information Technology
Assistant Professor in Information Technology
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Required to work for 40 hours per week spread over five working days as per academic
calendar and carry responsibilities in instruction, research and publication, participation in
governance particularly in Committee on Program Effectiveness, community engagement,
student advising, and administrative tasks.
- Teach 12 credits courses at the undergraduate program every semester.
- Deliver, monitor, evaluate, and enhance assigned courses
- Allocate a minimum of one (1) hour a week for each course (e.g. 4 courses = 4 hours) to
provide consultation services for students for that particular course.
- Supervise students who are enrolled in the internship program and capstone project; and, ensure that they receive technical guidance by providing concepts, and theories and models.
- Write course files and reports on or before the end of the semester, and ensure that course files are
properly documented with appropriate evidence and submitted at the end of the semester.
Requirements and Experience:
- A Minimum Ph.D. in information technology, or computer science, or computer engineering, or equivalent with focus on digital forensics, with attested Assistant Professor rank.
- Minimum 4 years related work experience in a reputable academic institution.
- Experience in curriculum development, accreditation process, institutional research, community outreach, student advising, and theses advising.
- Experience in test construction and assessment of learning.
- Below sixty years old.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Excellent in educational supervision and leadership
- Excellent in Legal, Social and Ethical Philosophical Foundations of Higher Education.
- Excellent in Curriculum Development, Assessment of Learning, Research and Evaluation.
- Excellent in Technical Writing, Communication, Customer Service and Negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate a capability of and excellence in teaching a broad range of computer networks and systems and Information systems security courses such as:
- Information Security
- Ethical Hacking
- Digital forensics
- Intrusion detection systems
- Network security
- Security Analytics
- operating systems and computer networks
- Computer systems/networks troubleshooting experience required
- Excellent command in English Communication
- Experience in Technical Writing, Communication, Instruction, Curriculum Development, Accreditation, Research and Publication Skills, Customer Service, and Teambuilding and interpersonal relations Skills.
- Excellent in producing quality documents.
- Team player with a positive outlook and clear focus on quality assurance and customer satisfaction.