Application posted date: 13 June 2022
Application expired date: 12 July 2022
Department of Nursing
Assistant Professor in Medical Surgical Nursing
Responsibilities and Duties:
Support the Mission of the Function through:
Under the supervision of the Chair of Department delivers lectures and participates in all intervention programs of the department in its tactical, strategic, and operational management. Together with the Chair of Department, administers, assess, and develop department’s programs; delivers complementary quality academic support services in terms of instruction, research, publication, community engagement, student advising, institutional research, and accreditation toward achieving the mission, program outcome, and strategic objectives of the college or program. Together with the college or program team, implements intervention programs in the design, execution, evaluation, and enhancement of curricular programs, marketing campaign and promotions of programs, their continuous process improvement (CPI), and other elements of academic affairs that strengthen UOF’s visibility and reputation in the United Arab Emirates and the Middle East region. Ensures timely and cost-effective delivery of academic programs by observing CAA STANDARDS 2019 and UAE-NQF critical to the overall performance of the department.
Requirements and Experience:
- D. in any related field or its equivalent with a nursing focus.
- MSc Nursing with medical-surgical nursing specialization.
- Professional Experience (Business/Industry):
- Three to five (3-5) years related work experience in any academic institution or multi-national academic and training organization dealing with academic and training services, preferably in a mixed environment.
- Simulation Laboratory experience with high- and medium fidelity manikins.
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse / Professional Nurse in a Hospital Environment.
- Processes Experience (Project/Process):
- Three to five (3-5) years of mix experience in curriculum development, accreditation, institutional research, community outreach, student advising, thesis/project advising.
- Experience in test construction and assessment of learning.
- Intercultural Experience (Cultural):
- Multi-cultural diversity
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Philosophies of Teaching in Higher Education
- Teaching, Guidance, Classroom Management and Interpersonal Skills
- Legal, Social and Ethical Philosophical Foundations of Higher Education
- Assessment of Learning (Test, Measurement and Evaluation)
- Instruction, Curriculum Development, Accreditation, Research and Publication Skills
- Analytical, creative and adaptive program planning design skills
- Technical Writing Skills
- Teambuilding and interpersonal relations Skills
- Time Management
- Customer Service Excellence
This form is currently closed for submissions.