Application posted date: 4 July 2023
Application expired date: 4 August 2023
College of Information Technology
Assistant Professor in Information Technology
The College of Information Technology at the University of Fujairah (UoF) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Professor in Computer Science with a specialization in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and/or Data Science. This is a full-time position with a starting date of August 21, 2023.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Teach undergraduate courses in Information Technology.
- Develop and deliver engaging course materials that reflect current industry trends and best practices.
- Advise and mentor students in their academic and research endeavors.
- Publish high-quality research in reputable conferences and journals.
- Contribute to curriculum development and program assessment activities.
- Participate in departmental and university service, including committee work and other initiatives.
- Stay abreast of the latest advancements in the field and engage in continuous professional development.
- A Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a closely related field, specializing in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and/or Data Science.
- Strong expertise in one or more of the following areas: natural language processing, computer vision, robotics, data mining, or related disciplines.
- Demonstrated research excellence through a track record of high-quality publications in reputable conferences and journals.
- Possess a minimum of 3 years of teaching experience in the relevant discipline.
- Have a minimum of 3 years of relevant industry experience (preferred).
- Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts and foster student engagement in the classroom.
- Commitment to student mentoring and academic advising.
- Demonstrated ability or potential to secure research funding is advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
Assistant Professor in Information Technology (IT)
This form is currently closed for submissions.