The University of Fujairah (UOF), formerly Fujairah College, is established in 2006 by the Fujairah Welfare Association (FWA), now Fujairah Charity. UOF received its institutional license on April 1, 2006, to operate as a higher education institution granted by the Commission for Academic Accreditation, Ministry of Education (CAA-MOE), formerly Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MOHESR); and its conversion and institutional licensure from college to university on June 1, 2016.
All curricular programs are accredited by the CAA, and therefore, all degrees conferred by the UOF are recognized by CAA-MOE.
The External Review Team (ERT) ensures that the standards for accreditation, and follows the CAA Standard which states that the “commission conducts its review procedures with reference to the Guidelines of Good Practice of the International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE), the Guidelines for Quality Assurance from the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA), and the common core standards for the quality review endorsed by the Arab Network for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ANQAHE)”.
Accreditation of Academic Programs
The CAA-MOE has accredited the following programs of UOF:
A. Undergraduate Programs
- Associate of Arts in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Administration (General)
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Banking and Finance
- Associate of Arts in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology in Networking and Security
- Diploma in Public Relations
- Bachelor of Mass Communication in Public Relation
- Bachelor in Arabic Language and Literature
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
B. Graduate Program
- Master in Business Administration
UOF received the ISO 9001:22008 certificate for quality management system on higher education, training, consultancy, research and development services from TUV on July 6, 2015.